PUBLICATIONS & CITING
The MATR asks that all researchers who utilize the MATR as a resource for their study, appropriately cite us in their published journal articles. Samples of placement of MATR references may include, but are not limited to:
Abstract, Method Section: One thousand men and women from the Mid-Atlantic Twin Registry completed questionnaires assessing...
Method, Participants: Participants were recruited from the population-based, Mid-Atlantic Twin Registry (MATR).
Researchers may also want to add a note about the MATR when citing other resources used for the study.
A short list of publications from researchers using MATR resources:
- Lind MJ, Aggen SH, Kirkpatrick RM, Kendler KS, Amstadter AB. A Longitudinal Twin Study of Insomnia Symptoms in Adults. Sleep. 2015 Sep 1;38(9):1423-30. doi: 10.5665/sleep.4982.
- Shaunna L. Clark, Joseph L. McClay, Daniel E. Adkins, Karolina A. Aberg,Gaurav Kumar, Sri Nerella, Linying Xie, Ann L. Collins, James J. Crowley,Corey R. Quakenbush, Christopher E. Hillard, Guimin Gao, Andrey A. Shabalin,Roseann E. Peterson, William E. Copeland, Judy L. Silberg, Hermine Maes,Patrick F. Sullivan, Elizabeth J. Costello, and Edwin J. van den Oord. Deep Sequencing of Three Loci Implicated in Large-Scale Genome-Wide Association Study Smoking Meta-Analyses. Nicotine Tob Res first published online August 17, 2015
- Eaves LJ, Prom EC, Silberg JL. The mediating effect of parental neglect on adolescent and young adult anti-sociality: a longitudinal study of twins and their parents. Behav Genet. 2010 Jul;40(4):425-37. Epub 2010 Feb 25. PubMed PMID: 20182912.
- Silberg JL, Maes H, Eaves LJ. Genetic and environmental influences on the transmission of parental depression to children's depression and conduct disturbance: an extended Children of Twins study. J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2010 Jun;51(6):734-44. Epub 2010 Feb 16. PubMed PMID: 20163497; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2891390.
- Kendler KS, Gardner CO. Dependent Stressful Life Events and Prior Depressive Episodes in the Prediction of Major Depression.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2010;67(11):1120-1127. doi:10.1001/archgenpsychiatry.2010.136
- Hettema, JM; van den Oord, EJCG,An, Sa; Kendler, KS, Chen, Xiangning. Follow-up association study of novel neuroticism gene MAMDC1. Psychiatric Genetics Issue. Volume 19(4), August 2009, pp 213-214.
- Gillespie NA, Neale MC, Jacobson K, Kendler KS. Modeling the genetic and environmental association between peer group deviance and cannabis use in male twins. Addiction. 2009 Mar;104(3):420-9.PMID: 19207350 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Corey LA, Kjeldsen MJ, Solaas MH, Nakken KO, Friis ML, Pellock JM. The accuracy of self-reported history of seizures in Danish, Norwegian and U.S. twins. Epilepsy Res. 2009 Mar;84(1):1-5. Epub 2009 Jan 6.PMID: 19128944 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Chen X, Williamson VS, An SS, Hettema JM, Aggen SH, Neale MC, Kendler KS. Cannabinoid receptor 1 gene association with nicotine dependence. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2008 Jul;65(7):816-24.PMID: 18606954 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Mitchell KS, Mazzeo SE, Aggen SH, Maes HH, Kendler KS, Neale MC, Bulik CM. Characteristics of monozygotic male and female twins discordant for overweight: a descriptive study. Eat Behav. 2008 Aug;9(3):366-9. Epub 2007 Aug 3.PMID: 18549997 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Bergen SE, Gardner CO, Aggen SH, Kendler KS. Socioeconomic status and social support following illicit drug use: causal pathways or common liability? Twin Res Hum Genet. 2008 Jun;11(3):266-74.PMID: 18498205 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Furberg H, Olarte M, Afari N, Goldberg J, Buchwald D, Sullivan PF. The prevalence of self-reported chronic fatigue in a U.S. twin registry. J Psychosom Res. 2005 Nov;59(5):283-90.PMID: 16253618 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Prescott CA, Aggen SH, Kendler KS. Sex-specific genetic influences on the comorbidity of alcoholism and major depression in a population-based sample of US twins. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2000 Aug;57(8):803-11.PMID: 10920470 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- York TP, Strauss JFIII, Neale MC, Eaves LJ, 2010 Racial Differences in Genetic and Environmental Risk to Preterm Birth. PLoS ONE 5(8): e12391.doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0012391
- Prom-Wormley EC, Eaves LJ, Foley DL, Gardner CO, Archer KJ, Wormley BK, Maes HH, Riley BP, Silberg JL. Monoamine oxidase A and childhood adversity as risk factors for conduct disorder in females. Psychol Med. 2009 Apr;39(4):579-90. Epub 2008 Aug 28.
- Danielle M. Dick Gene-Environment Interaction in Psychological Traits and Disorders. Annu. Rev. Clin. Psychol. 2011. 7:19.1–19.27
- Kertes DA, Kalsi G, Prescott CA, Kuo PH, Patterson DG, Walsh D, Kendler KS, Riley BP. Neurotransmitter and Neuromodulator Genes Associated With a History of Depressive Symptoms in Individuals With Alcohol Dependence. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2010 Dec 8. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-0277.2010.01366.x. [Epub ahead of print]